Studying is so much easier when you have other people to share the load with. From discussing modules and assignments during the semester, right through to final revision before the exams, this forum brings us all together through the blood, sweat, tears and glory. JOIN the forum now and change the way you study forever!

Photo

PRS1045

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bee1

Bee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 4 January 2017 - 17:41

Please help! Im new here and have a question. I'm registering to do BEd(foundation phase). The practical is PRS1045.I am unclear as to what type of school I have to do my prac at. Its says 5 weeks at baby section-GrR,but then somewhere else says 2weeks at ECD centre and 3 weeks at R-Gr3? Also I can't seem to register without listing a school name during the online registeration and all schools are closed now. Im not sure what to do, please help!

#2 Gorbals

Gorbals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 4 February 2017 - 17:13

Hello Bee1. Sorry that this reply is so late. You've probably already registered but I just want to let anyone else who reads this know that if you are registering your teaching practice modules online, it is not compulsory to enter the school details before proceeding.

Just choose to type in the study units and click the "NEXT >>" button:

Attached File  Course details.gif   14.93KB   0 downloads

On the next page, enter the study units you wish to register for:

Attached File  Study Unit Information.gif   10.11KB   0 downloads

Once this is done, click the "NEXT >>" button. The "Select School for Practicals" button will then appear next to each teaching practice study unit. Just ignore this and click the "NEXT >>" button again:

Attached File  Study Unit Information - Select School for Practicals.gif   15.87KB   0 downloads

You can then proceed to the end of the registration process.

#3 Gorbals

Gorbals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 4 February 2017 - 18:19

For PRS1045, you have to complete the first 2-week observation assignments at a daycare centre that has infants and toddlers. The last 3-week art and handwork activities assignment has to be completed at either a daycare centre that has 3-5-year-old groups or at a school that has grade RRR-R classes. All your assignments must be overseen and signed off by a qualified teacher at the daycare centre and the school.

This is a summary of the teaching practice assignments for PRS1045 and PRS2049:

PRS1045

Assignment 50/53 – Observation (Week 1)

3-5-Year-Olds

Health, Safety and Nutrition

Assignment 51/53 – Observation (Week 2)

Infants and Toddlers

Health, Safety and Nutrition

Assignment 52 – Art and Handwork Activities (Week 3-5)
Presentation – 3 art activities to 3-4-year-olds.
Presentation – 3 art activities to 4-5-year-olds.

PRS2049

Assignment 50 – Movement Activities (Week 1-2)
Presentation – 1 movement activity to 3-4-year-olds.
Presentation – 1 movement activity to 4-5-year-olds.
Presentation – 1 movement activity to 5-6-year-olds.

Assignment 51– Music Activities (Week 1-2)
Presentation – 1 music activity to 3-4- or 4-5- or 5-6- year-olds.

Assignment 52 – Children’s Literature (Week 1-2)
Presentation – 1 puppet show to 4-5-year-olds.
Presentation – 1 story to 3-4-year-olds.
Presentation – 1 story to 4-5-year-olds.
Presentation – 1 story to 5-6-year-olds.

Assignment 53 – Reception Year Teaching (Week 3-5)
Planning
Explanation of the day’s programme.
Layout of the classroom.
Planning the theme.
Weekly planning.
Emergent Literature
Planning the writing area.
Presentation – 10 art activities.
Presentation – 1 puppet show.
Presentation – 8 stories.
Presentation – 1 informal discussion.
Presentation – 2 activities that will promote emerging reading.
Music and Movement
Presentation – 2 music activities.
Presentation – 2 movement activities.
Emergent Numeracy
Presentation – 1 art activity w.r.t. emergent numeracy.
Presentation – 1 mathematical game w.r.t. emergent numeracy.
Emergent Science
Presentation – Science table.
Planning and presentation – Outing.
Assessment
Assessment of 1 learner.

A PDF version of the above is attached:

Attached File  Teaching Practice Assignments.pdf   69.11KB   9 downloads

#4 Bee1

Bee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 4 February 2017 - 18:45

Thank you so much for responding. I did manage to bypass and register, The pdf break down is a tremendous help as well! If I may ask, I'm struggling to access my My Life account (I'm not sure if I'm the only one?) I sent my placement form through to the lecturer using my private email, still haven't heard back from them. How long does it take for them to confirm your placement? I read somewhere 30-60days? That long? Thanks again!

#5 MaryamF

MaryamF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 February 2017 - 15:01

Hi there

i am also unable to access my life email account and was told not to send any private emails. Have you had any assistance yet?

Kind regards,

M :)

#6 Bee1

Bee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 15:07

Hi! At least I know I'm not the only one. I have emailed mylifehelp@unisa.ac.za. I received an automated respose with a query number, haven't heard from them since! There's a number on the website as well, but theres always no answer! Let me know if you get somewhere, thanks!

#7 MaryamF

MaryamF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 February 2017 - 15:30

Hi

I emailed Mylifehelp as well yesterday and received a case number. Tried to call all week -no response.

Please keep me updated if you get a response as well. Have you received your study material as yet?

Kind regards,

M :)

#8 Bee1

Bee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 16:35

Hi Maryam! Try this - Take a screen shot of the error message and email it to bugmaster@unisa.ac.za

Best of luck
Bee

#9 Bee1

Bee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 16:37

Sorry only saw the Q. On the study material now. Yes, I registered early in Jan so I've recieved it pretty quickly...

#10 60558393

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 17:41

Hi there, to do your practicals for grade R you need to get a primary school that has grade R and ask them that you need to do your so.

Please wait for schools to re-open again.

Good luck :rolleyes: 

#11 Gorbals

Gorbals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 19:19

Sorry again for the very late reply. I'm glad that you finally managed to register. Have you solved the problem with accessing your myLife e-mail account?

Your completed DSAR25 form must be sent to the e-mail address associated with the province in which you are doing your teaching practice:

KwaZulu-Natal: teachkzn@unisa.ac.za

Western Cape, Free State and North West: teachnfw@unisa.ac.za

Gauteng: teachgp@unisa.ac.za

Limpopo and Mpumalanga: teachlmn@unisa.ac.za

If you are doing your teaching practice outside South Africa, then you will have to send a completed DSAR27 form to teachsi@unisa.ac.za.

According to Tutorial Letter 101, it takes 60 – 90 days to confirm your placement. I've read that some students started their teaching practice before receiving confirmation and there are even some that didn't receive confirmation at all! I think as long as the school you're doing your teaching practice in is registered with the Department of Education and the supervising teacher as well as the principal are qualified, you should not have a problem with your assignments being accepted, even if confirmation comes after you start your practice or not at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users