Studying is so much easier when you have other people to share the load with. From discussing modules and assignments during the semester, right through to final revision before the exams, this forum brings us all together through the blood, sweat, tears and glory. JOIN the forum now and change the way you study forever!

Photo

Who is with me?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rehanie

Rehanie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:36

Hi there,

Anyone doing COM3029? This will be my first portfolio, and maybe i'm just not as clever as i thought but i have no idea how to approach this.

#2 jaseyboy

jaseyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:21

Hi there,

Anyone doing COM3029? This will be my first portfolio, and maybe i'm just not as clever as i thought but i have no idea how to approach this.

I was in this boat last semester with COM302 and COM303. Follow the directions as given in the COM101ALL Tutorial Letter. Funnily enough, I followed their example to the letter and only when I received my first assignments back did I realise that they left out the heading 'Table of Contents' on the Contents page. So yeah, it's a bit of learning along the way. It's a bit of an exhausting procedure but it's standard across most of the COM third level modules, even for normal assignments - they all follow the portfolio format. Check on myUnisa under 'Additional Resources' for the module and the lecturers usually put up a PowerPoint presentation of how to structure the portfolio. If they haven't done that yet, contact your module co-ordinator (listed in the module's 101 Tutorial Letter) and ask for it. Good luck :)
BA Communication Science

Degree completed in S2 2012. Graduated in June 2013.

#3 Nawal

Nawal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 14:30

thanks jasey, its my first too. I'm going to get grey hairs soon.

#4 Nerisha

Nerisha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:10

Hi Rehanie

I will be doing COM302-9 this semester as well. Seems terrible. We have do all sections for assignment one sadly, previously we selected sections. Hopefully assignment feedback is helpful. Goodluck and keep in touch

#5 jaseyboy

jaseyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:23

I found this subject quite tricky in the final portfolio - make sure you expand your mind and ask/answer many questions regarding the issues in your portfolio. They're looking for lots of detail.
BA Communication Science

Degree completed in S2 2012. Graduated in June 2013.

#6 Elfride

Elfride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:37

Great feedback thanks Jaseyboy. I'm also attempting this module this semester.

Hi there,

#7 lexiebyrne

lexiebyrne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@lexiebyrne
  • LocationJohannesburg, Gauteng

Posted 8 February 2012 - 14:23

Hi everyone

I've started Facebook and BBM groups for this module. If you would like to join the BBM group, send your PIN and I'll add you. To find the Facebook group, search for "COM3029 - 2012" and ask to join and I'll add you.

It REALLY helps to be able to discuss things with everyone, so join whatever you can!

:)
**BA COMMUNICATION SCIENCE**

Current modules 2012: COM311A; COM3029; COM303A; COM3018

Completed 2011: SOC2023; COM2036; COM2025; COM2048; CML1501; APY2601; APY2701; COM2059; RSC2601; TEX2601

Completed 2010: APY101E; APY102F; COM101X; COM102Y; CMY101B; CMY102C; PYC101Y; PYC1023; SOC101V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users